Brady turns 5 on August 14th. Wow, can't believe how fast the time flew by. He started out in a big hurry to get into the world.He came 10 weeks early, weighing in at 2 pounds 7.3 ounces. I noticed he wasn't moving normally one morning and went to the clinic and they did a non stress test and it showed that he was in distress when he moved. So off to the hospital it was for a 30 minute ultra sound. He was laying horizontally in my tummy and was on his umbilical cord. So they decided to do an emergency C-Section. I was put to sleep and missed his birth. They tell me that he had a loud cry and his Apgars were 7, 9, and 9 I believe. I got to see him later that night and he looked so tiny, and fragile looking. He didn't need to be ventilated. he did have a CPAP and Nasal Canula. He took himself off of oxygen support after 24 hours. He did some tube feedings and kept pulling the tubes out too, so they only put the tube in when it was feeding time. I couldn't hold him for awhile, but after a week I was able to do therapy on him and finally hold him. I went to the hospital 2 times daily to be there for at least 2 feedings.He came home one month to the date of his birth weighing 4 pounds 1.4 ounces. He was 33 weeks old when he came home. He was the first ever 33 weeker in the NICU to come home when he did. Everyone was impressed with how well he did and were sad to see him go home. They all fell in love with him.
Happy Birthday SweetHeart! We Love You!
0 comments:
Post a Comment